Friday, October 28, 2005

threads that are golden don't break easily

I'm listening to Tori today. Although I have thousands of songs in my music library, there are only a few that are significantly tied to my heart, and Tori owns the rights to more than one of them. top of the list is baker baker. hey jupiter can really get to me. I have a story tied to hey jupiter . . .
at the ripe old age of 15 I was able to secure a job at a local grocery store. my first job - it helped me learn how to manage my time and how to better associate with people. in the mean time I was making friends at school. after an extremely difficult freshman year in high school, i was able to bounce back as a sophomore and I had a fun group of friends that always seemed to have something fun to do. I had a really good time while it lasted, but unfortunately - come springtime something went wrong and there was a silent falling out. I remember one night, before things turned sour, I was supposed to get together with one of my friends but she never called and she never answered her phone. I happened to listen to "hey jupiter" that night - therefore, the opening line sunk deep into me:




no one's picking up the phone




it may sound cliche, but it formed a golden thread in me.





It's been a rainy day in Provo today. The drizzle started last night, and it has continued throughout the day today. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit.

Something fun and interesting happened to me the other day. I came full circle. Back in June sometime, I was sick one day and stayed home. At about 8am I turned on the TV and found that they were showing reruns of ER every morning from 8 - 10. since I normally work at 8, I began recording it every morning. I had forgotten how much I love that show. so, I've watched and watched and watched. It's honestly been something that I look forward to every day. so, on Wednesday I came back to the first episode I watched back in June. I loved it! things were all put back into perspective. it was a full circle.

I listened to Thomas Dybdahl this morning - then Tori Amos - then Tori - then Thomas. It's just been one of those days. I'm definitely ready for the weekend. Hopefully I can treasure up lots of gems of wisdom to share with you on Monday. Until then, adieu.



1 Comments:

At 11/03/2005 04:36:00 PM, Blogger Geo said...

Hey, Lovely, I like what you've done with the place!

xo,
Moi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home