Thursday, April 20, 2006

Black Sky Moment

I just had a moment that totally reminded me of the blue sky moment that I had quite a while ago, only this time, rather than a blue sky seeping into me, it was a black sky - with all of it's beautiful stars shining down on me. They were so clear, I was taken aback - and I just stood there with my head back for a couple of minutes. And then, just as I felt when the blue sky moment occured, I felt peace upon my soul and I knew that everything is going to be OK. It's not that I had a particularly difficult night. In fact, I had a really good night - and a good day for that matter, but there are times when God just taps you on the shoulder and reminds you that He's there, He's watching over you, and everything is going to be OK.

I'm really grateful for my black sky moment, because it served as a reminder to me that there are many things in my life that have never changed and will never change. As I looked up at the stars tonight, I saw the same stars that I saw as a child when my older sister pointed out the big dipper for me. The same stars that I wished upon. The same stars that I threw my heart out to.
Oh how I love nature and its constantly adapting yet never really changing nature . . . Just as we should be. Although my life has taken me many places and I've fought many battles, my soul is still intact. My soul is still the same one that felt the power of those stars years ago. I can learn to constantly adapt to what the world hands me, but my soul, my spirit, who I really am . . . that has never changed. That part of me remains exactly as it was when my Maker gave me life. Wow. What a difference a star makes, eh?

2 Comments:

At 4/22/2006 12:26:00 PM, Blogger Geo said...

It's good to remember that. Sometimes everything, including my own soul, seems so changeable, unstable. But that isn't really so, is it?

LYL

 
At 4/23/2006 02:04:00 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Exactly, Geo. It's interesting to think that when we leave this life, our soul is the only thing that will remain the same. We rely on our bodies for so much, but in reality it's the soul that really holds us together. Also, as we age our body will break down and become weak, but - if we are wise - our soul will become stronger and stronger. I guess God gives us spiritual strength during those last years of our life so that we can make it through the days when our bodies fail us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home