Sunday, February 26, 2006

Oh What a Beautiful Mornin'

"There's a bright golden haze on the meadow . . ."

I had a wonderful morning yesterday . . . and the whole time I just kept thinking "I should blog about this"

It all started with my snowboarding class. Yeah, I've been taking a snowboarding class this semester. I enrolled in the class last fall because I've always thought it would be fun to learn how to snowboard, but I knew that I would need some one-on-one training in order to be able to do it. So yesterday was the last day of class (a block class). I went up there, and i was the only one there besides my instructor. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it to class the past few weeks because of sickness and board problems. So, I was nervous to go and be with my instructor again because I still can't really do anything . . . and it was the last week. I felt bad that I hadn't been able to be there . . . but I'm glad I went. We started out with me trying to stand up on my own - again. It's very difficult for me since I'm a big girl in not-so-good shape. after many failed attempts to get up I was exhausted and seriously wanted to just give up. But then when the instructor gave me a hand and helped me up, and with a little bit of help from him starting out, I was finally able to glide down the hill on my own. on my own. that's a big deal. It was great! going from discouraged to elated - that was a lovely start to a lovely morning.

It continued with a baby shower for one of my favorite companions from my mission, then a visit with my adorable neice and nephew, then a visit with a dear friend who recently had a baby - and yes, that is one adorable baby - and finally with a nice afternoon chat with my younger sister in the sandwich shop where she works.

It was a lovely morning not only because I was able to accomplish such an important milestone in my snowboarding skills, but also because I was able to visit with so many important people in my life. That really - in all honesty - is what accomplishment is all about. Our greatest accomplishments in life will be those that we share with our loved ones - the people that we really look to and rely on for peace and strength. I really am grateful for the friendships that I have in this life. Thank you friends, family and loved ones . . . you are my why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home