Friday, October 08, 2004

blargh

man, I've got a head cold worth talkin' about today. I felt it coming on yesterday . . . progressively getting worse as the day rolled on. This morning when I woke up, I could barely get to my alarm because I was so dizzy from the pressure. sheesh! Thank goodness it's Friday. I was hoping to get out and do something adventurous tonight, but I think that I'll end up staying in and enjoying a good show whilst I practice my newly learned continental knitting technique.

I finally got the name of a new anti-depressant from my doctor this morning. It's called cymbalta. Cymbalta helps restore both serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain . . . whereas the current medication that I'm on only helps restore serotonin. My therapist thinks that at this stage, I may be needing a boost in norepinephrine as well, so I'm going to try Cymbalta. I sure hope it works. Here's crossing our fingers.

now, if only they had something to cure the common cold!

you know, I hope that my random ramblings about the throes of depression can be an inspiration to somebody out there who may be struggling with the same issues. I know that sometimes it's good to know that you're not alone in the world . . .that there are other people out there who have been through similar experiences. I hope that my little corner of the universe has been a respite for some simple soul out there.

And now, for something new . . . would you like to know what's been on the menu today as far as music is concerned? If you don't care, then you can just close your window and get on with it . . but if you do care, then that's great! If you are a fellow musicaholic, I would love to hear what makes you tick.

This morning I woke up with an urge to hear some Radiohead . . . specifically the song "Packt like sardines in a crushd tin box." great song. love it.

I rolled into work and listened to amnesiac a few times as I went about my various tasks . . . and then I switched over Rufus Wainwright. He's a fairly old favorite. I'll never forget the day that I heard him for the first time. Foolish love went straight to my heart and the rest is history. So, I've been listening to Poses and his self-titled album the past while. Good tunes for a good day . . . Friday!

Now, I think I'll drift off into a few more stitches whilst I listen to Pyramid Song. So surreal. mmmmm . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home