Monday, May 15, 2006

Contact Sheet #1

I'm taking a photography class this summer, which is a lot of fun for me. Although I already have a lot of knowledge about photography, there are A LOT of things that I don't know. so far, the class has been a great learning experience for me. I'm finally learning to see life through the lens of a camera again, which is always a fun experience. Last sunday I went on my first shoot - wanting to capture a train station that is near my house. there was too much to capture before I ran out of light, so I'm going to have to go back and get some more. here is my first contact sheet though. the first half of the photo's are from that train shoot and the second half are from a neighborhood shoot that I took care of on Friday night. I was able to follow a bird around as it called to it's elders in the trees above. I think that it was learning to fly. It kept trying, but just couldn't quite get itself up far enough.
The picture on the 4th row - far right - depicts the entire train station structure, from the east. that's my car at the far right. I had to take a picture because I locked my keys in my car. silly me. I've uploaded the contact sheet to flickr so that you can see the pictures up close. enjoy. oh, and I'm curious to know which ones are your favorites.


2 Comments:

At 5/18/2006 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Geo said...

I think I like #3 and #8 best.

I love to look at contact sheets. All those images together are exciting to me. Romantic in some strange way.

 
At 5/22/2006 09:55:00 AM, Blogger Marie said...

I still love #15 and #16. I don't know what it is about those 501's, but they are so cool! You never cease to amaze me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home