Saturday, February 18, 2006

clouds in my coffee

believe it or not, I still had problems with the router after that last post . . . so here I am a week later and it's been working consistently for me 24+ hours. I think I just had really bad luck and purchased two bad routers in a row.

I've been watching the olympics, and I wanted to make a little comment here about the scary US coach at the top in the downhill skiing events. has anybody else noticed him? he stands in the background while the guys are getting ready to head down the hill and he just yells at the top of his lungs! it's really kinda scary. has anybody else noticed him? I'm just thinking . . . no wonder they guys are struggling on the hill. I would probably be scared to death if I had somebody yelling at me like that. then again, it might get me down the mountain faster "get me away from that guy!"

I hope that other people have noticed him and laughed at him along with me.

I remember when the olympics were in Salt Lake in '02, I took a liking to the speed skating relay. I came upon it again the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's exciting! I think it's more exciting to me because of the way that the skaters weave between each other and there are so many people on the ice at once. it's appealing to the eye for me.

I like the yellow helmets too ;)

I finally made the switch to MAC yesterday. I was able to sell my current laptop and purchase a 12" ibook. It was a tough decision to determine what to get, but I decided in the end that for what I'll be using the computer for, I don't need a powerbook right now. It was also difficult because i know that they're going to be updating the ibooks very soon, but I also know that no matter what, buying an apple is never going to be cheap. ;) So far, I love it. I love the portability and reliability - and I love learning new and easier ways to use a computer. It's a good thing :)

As an afterthought . . . Shani Davis. Hmmmm. I just watched his speech after he won the 1000m speed skating event. I wonder what the heck is going on with him!? very interesting . . . if you didn't see it - you should google it and see what you can find.

And that's all she wrote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home