Wednesday, May 14, 2008

rufie boofie

Lucas has taken on several nicknames since I moved back in with my sister. Perhaps it's because of the tendency that my family has to stamp a nickname on anything that lives and breathes. It all comes from my dad, really. Don't know where he got it from. All I know is that each of us had at least 3 nicknames growing up - and they were always used in love. So perhaps Lucas has earned his nicknames as he has grown dearer to my sisters heart. Or perhaps not. Who knows. We started calling him Rufus after we got him a bark collar. He can let out little "roof" sounds without setting the collar off, so now he speaks in his own gruff language frequently. Lately he's been saying "buf" quite a bit. "Ruf Buf" translates into "there's a dog 2 miles away. I can sense it".
He's such a cute dog when he behaves. When he doesn't . . .

I'm getting married in 1 week! Only 1 week left to get it all done. I know I can get it done, but man oh man has it been a trying time. Every day I find myself trying to tackle a long list, and every day it seems only a few items on that list get crossed out. But today we crossed out the biggest item - the one that's been staring me in the face every morning when I wake up and every time I talk about this new chapter in my life. Today we finally decided on a house.

We've been looking and looking for the right place. Originally we were going to rent. We looked at apartments and just couldn't find anything that would suit us (well, actually we did - but somebody else snatched it up). So we've been looking at houses, and there are just too many good options. Today I wanted to look at a few more houses in Orem before we came to our final decision. We drove up and down the residential streets - cursing a few times when we had to brave 8th north. We looked at about 8 houses total. Most of them were "lets peek in the windows". We got to see the insides of a few. One of them we just happened to stop by while the agent was showing it to another couple. how's that for luck? And - as luck would have it - that's the house we decided to make an offer on.

Now, the stress of all of this is far from over. We're getting married in a week. 7 days. After the reception we leave for a night in midway and then 10 days enjoying california - both northern and southern. It's going to be a fantastic honeymoon, and I'm so looking forward to having a break. We are just hoping that everything works out for us. The agent said that if we needed to the sellers may be able to rent the house to us for a couple of weeks after we get back until everything is finalized. That would be nice. Luckily for us Matt's brother is a real estate agent, so he's walking us through the whole process.

And now I need to sleep. Shower and sleep after this long long day. Good night world. Maybe I'll dream of stress reducing methods and wake up feeling ready to tackle everything. That would be nice :)

Until next time . . . be it a week, a month, or a year
EM

1 Comments:

At 5/14/2008 09:34:00 AM, Blogger Geo said...

Congratulations! Hey! That's lovely, Lovely. Not in my ward, but I guess if it's right, it's right.

*sigh*

See you at the shower.

LYL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home