Sunday, November 04, 2007

Let The Fur Fly

I gave Lucas a haircut today. It wasn't his first haircut, but it was my first time attempting it on my own. He's pretty good when it comes to grooming - as long as I have him on a high surface so that he can't run away. So I set up my own little makeshift groomers table on my bathroom counter and let the hair fly. And let me tell you, there was plenty of hair to come off of this pup.

Exhibit A: The happy, furry puppy during a lounge session about a month ago.




























I had determined over the past week that I was going to purchase my own set of hair clippers in order to save some cash. So I bought a good set of hair clippers at Wal-Mart last night for the affordable price of $20. I'm hoping that they will last a long time. It took about an hour, and I got a good sized bag of doggy hair from the ordeal, but now Lucas is all trimmed up. He doesn't look nearly as good as he always does after a session at the groomers, but I'm sure with time I'll be able to get his cut right.

Exhibit B: Lucas looking younger. A bit scruffy, but it works.













Now, if only I could get his hind quarters to look as good as they do after a visit to the groomers, I'd be set. It might help if I gave him a bath, because no amount of brushing could get his fur to fluff up like it does after a grooming session.

He's still pretty dang cute though. Such a good patient puppy.

1 Comments:

At 11/06/2007 10:32:00 PM, Blogger Geo said...

Hey! He's handsome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home